On Wednesday 3rd April 2019 His Excellency Paul KAGAME, the President of the Republic of Rwanda chaired a Cabinet meeting,convened in Village Urugwiro.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved the minutes of the Cabinet Meeting held on 28th January 2019.
2. Pursuant to the powers conferred upon him by the laws, His Excellency the President of the Republic informed the Cabinet Meeting that he has exercised his prerogative of mercy and pardoned 367 persons convicted for the offences of abortion, complicity in abortion and infanticide.
3. The Cabinet Meeting was briefed on:
– Domestication of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
– 25th Commemoration of the Genocide against Tutsi and its preparation.
4. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following policies, programs and strategies:
– The implementation of Vision 2020 Umurenge Program VUP Financial Services (FS);
– Strategy for construction and maintenance of unpaved low volume traffic roads;
– Motorcycle Transport Strategy;
– Cleaner Production and Climate Innovation Center.
5. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Draft laws:
– Draft law on tax procedures;
– Draft law determining the organization of insurance business;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Loan Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 16/01/2019, between the Republic Rwanda and the African Development Bank, relating to the loan of EUR 114,266,000 for the Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Program – Additional Financing;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Protocol of Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 16/01/2019, between the Republic of Rwanda and the African Development Fund, Acting as Administrators of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) Trust Fund, relating to the Grant of EUR 800,000 for the Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Program – Additional Financing;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Loan Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 06/03/2019, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), relating to the loan of USD 20,000,000 for the Rural Electrification Project in Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Bilateral Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 09/03/2018, between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the Government of the Republic of Tanzania for the Joint Implementation of Isaka-Kigali Gauge Railway Project;
– Draft law governing the City of Kigali;
– Draft law approving the accession of Rwanda to the African Charter on the Values and Principles of Decentralization, Local Governance and Local Development adopted in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, on 27/06/2018;
– Daft law repealing all legal instruments brought into force before the date of independence;
– Draft law modifying Law Nº 11/2017 of 06/04/2017 establishing Rwanda Law Enforcement Specialized Academy and determining its mission, powers, organisation and functioning;
– Draft law approving ratification of the Protocol of 2014 to the Forced Labour Convention, 1930 (No 29) adopted by the International Labour Conference at its 103rd Session held in Geneva, on 11th June 2014;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Headquarters Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) on the establishment of the IFAD’s Country Office, signed in Kigali, on 20/03/2010;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the International Potato Center (CIP), signed in Kigali on 17/09/2015;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the Smart Africa Secretariat on the host of the Headquarters of Smart Africa, signed in Addis Ababa, on 31/01/2016;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the Sustainable Development Goal Center for Africa of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDGC/A, signed in Kigali, on 31/01/2016;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and African Institute for Mathematical Sciences-Next Einstein Initiative, signed in Kigali, on 12/03/2016;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and the Master Card Foundation, signed in Kigali, on 17/07/2017;
– Draft law approving the ratification of the Host Country agreement between the Government of the Republic of Rwanda and Women Political Leaders Global Forum (WPL), signed in Kigali, on 01/12/2017.
6. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
– Presidential Order establishing Special Statutes governing employees of Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB);
– Presidential Order determining materials and equipment of Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB) classified as confidential;
– Presidential Order determining Rwanda National Police classified equipment and materials;
– Presidential Order specifying modalities for electing Abunzi Committee Members;
– Presidential Order granting rehabilitation to six (6) former Police Officers of Rwanda National Police: AIP BARIYO Andrew, CSP GAKWAYA Emmanuel, CIP KASAIJA Charles, IP MUGABO KABARUKA Peter, SP MUHIZI Francis and RUSAGARA TUMUSIIME Alex;
– Presidential Order determining salaries and fringe benefits for the Director General and the Deputy Director General of Rwanda Forensic Laboratory (RFL);
– Prime Minister’s Order determining the Supervising Authority of Rwanda Inspectorate, Competition and Consumer Protection Authority (RICA);
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Prosecutors at Intermediate Level: NSHIMIYIMANA Jean Baptiste, GAFISHI RUKEMA Samy and UMUTANGUHA Marie Josée;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Prosecutors at Primary: NIYONKURU Jeannine and NZEYIMANA Maximilien;
– Prime Minister’s Order granting a leave of absence for a non-specific period to Mr. NZIBAZA Evariste, who was Director of ICT Support Unit in the National Public Prosecution Authority (NPPA);
– Prime Minister’s Order granting a leave of absence for a non-specific period to Ms. MUKAMUNANA Jacqueline who was Director of Finance and Logistics Unit in the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN);
– Prime Minister’s Order dismissing Mr. NSENGIYUMVA Jean Baptiste who was Director of Risk Reduction and Preparedness Unit in the Ministry of Emergency Management (MINEMA);
– Ministerial Order establishing regulations and procedures implementing Immigration and Emigration Law; – Ministerial Order determining requirements for authorization to a taxpayer to carry forward loss for more than five tax periods;
– Ministerial Order determining simplified accounting method for small businesses;
– Ministerial Order determining the annual turnover required for certification of financial statements;
– Ministerial Order determining the functioning of Insolvency Practitioners;
– Ministerial Order determining a taxpayer’s permanent residence and the location of effective place of management;
– Ministerial Order determining urban planning and building regulations;
– Ministerial Order determining instructions of categorization of buildings, conditions and procedure for application of building permits;
– Ministerial Order establishing the list of projects that must undergo environmental impact assessment, instructions, requirements and procedures to conduct environmental impact assessment;
– Ministerial Order granting rehabilitation to 35 former non-commissioned officers and police constables from Rwanda National Police;
– Ministerial Order discharging CPL NZAYISENGA Narcisse from Rwanda Correctional Service (RCS) on medical grounds;
7. After consultation with the High Council of the Judiciary, His Excellency the President of the Republic of Rwanda submitted to the Cabinet the following candidates to the post of judges of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal whose list will be submitted to the Senate, for their approval:
– Mr. RUKUNDAKUVUGA François Régis: Judge of the Supreme Court;
– Mr. HITIYAREMYE Alphonse: Judge of the Supreme Court;
– Ms TUGIREYEZU Vénantie: Judge of the Court of Appeal.
8. The Cabinet Meeting made the following appointments:
In Rwanda Convention Bureau (RCB) Board of Directors
– Mr. Frederick Kenneth Swaniker: Chairperson;
– Ms. KANYONGA Louise: Vice-Chairperson;
– Mr. David SAND; – Ms. KABANDA Aline;
– Mr. KAMALI Wilson ;
– Mr. NDAGIJIMANA Christian;
– Ms. GAKWERERE Annette.
Rwanda Airports Company
– Lt. Col. KARAMBIZI Firmin: Managing Director;
– Ms. MUGWANEZA Isabelle: Deputy Managing Director.
In Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA)
– Ms. BATETA Jane: Chief Finance Officer;
– Mr. NIZEYIMANA Pierre Celestin: Entreprise Architecture Division Manager;
– Ms.UJENEZA Elisabeth: Software Solution Division Manager;
– Mr. RUTAYIRO Said Ngoga: Technology Innovation Division Manager;
– Mr. ASIIMWE Innocent: Digital Cluster Coordination and Community Development Division Manager;
– Mr. RUZIGANA MANZI Désiré: Enterprise and Application Analyst;
– Ms. INGABIRE Gloria: Government Digitalization Analyst;
– Mr. NTAGANDA Alfred: Information Security Analyst;
– Ms. GAHIMA MUTONI Diana: Business and Market Intelligence Analyst.
In National Commission for Human Rights
– Ms. MUHONGERWA Furaha Patricia: Vice President;
– Ms. UWIZEYE Marie Thérèse: Commissioner.
In Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB)
– Mr. IZAMUHAYE Jean Claude: Head of Department-Crop research and Technology Transfer;
– Mr. RUZIBIZA Emile: Head of Department Land Husbandry and Irrigation Research and Technology Transfer;
– Mr. NDAYISENGA Fabrice: Head of Department Animal Resource Research and Technology Transfer;
– Ms. KAMARABA Illuminée: Division Manager Post Harvest Management and Biotechnology;
– Ms. KANYANDEKWE Christine: National Artificial Insemination Center Division Manager; ;
– Dr. KAMANA Olivier: Animal Resources Processing and Biotechnology Division Manager;
– Mr. RWEBIGO Daniel: Seeds Systems Division Manager.
In Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
– Ms. KAGERUKA Ariella: Head, Tourism and Conservation Department.
In Parliament/ Senate
Ms. MUKARUKUNDO Josette: Director General of ICT and Outreach.
In the Ministry of Environment (MOE)
– Mr. KARERA Patrick: Advisor to the Minister of Environment;
– Mr. RUTARO KAKA Benon: Director of Planning Unit.
In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MINAFFET)
Mr. MWISENEZA KANYAMUPIRA Abd-El-Aziz: Advisor to the Minister of State in charge of the East African Community.
In the Ministry of ICT And Innovation (MINICT)
– Ms. GASAKURE Saga Doña Magali: Advisor to the Minister.
In the Ministry of Infrastructure (MININFRA)
– Mr. KALINDA K. Charles: Head of Policy and Planning.
In the National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA)
– Ms. MUKAYIRANGA Annette: Industrialisation Development Analyst;
– Mr. TWAHIRWA Christian: Operational Monitoring Division Manager;
– Dr. KAMANA Olivier: Head of Research and Development Department.
In Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA)
Mr. NGENDAHIMANA Pascal: Local Economic Development Division Manager.
In Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB)
– Mr. BAHORERA Dominique: Advisor to the Secretary General;
– Mr. KANANI Augustin: Director of Finance Unit;
– Mr. NJANGWE Jean Marie: Director of Suspects and Exhibits Handling Unit;
– Mr. MWESIGYE Robert: Director of Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear and Explosive Unit;
– Mr. BYUMA Ntaganda Emile: Director of Intelligence Operations Unit;
– Ms. MUKANDAHIRO Ndemera Jeanne d’Arc: Director of Isange One Stop Centre;
– Mr. RWEMA Patrick: Director of Counter Terrorism Analysis Unit;
– Mr. KAREKEZI Theogène is proposed to be Director of Counter Terrorism Awareness Unit;
– Mr. BWIMBA David: Director of Environment Crimes Unit;
– Mr. RAMA George: Director of Criminal Records and Case Files Orientation Unit;
– Mr. RUTABINGWA Michel: Director of Tactical Response Unit;
– Mr. KARASIRA Jean Claude: Director of Crime- Scene Response Unit;
– Mr. HABYARIMANA Philbert: Director of Crimes against People Unit;
– Mr. MBAZABAGABO Michel: Director of Crimes against State Security Unit;
– Mr. BWIMANA Diogène: Director of Administration and Human Resource Unit;
– Mr. GASANA Alexis: Director of Anti-Narcotics and Illicit Goods Unit;
– Mr. NIYIBIZI Julien: Director of Anti – Human Trafficking Unit;
– Mr. NGARUKIYE Jacques: Director of Anti–Public Embezzlement and Corruption Unit;
– Mr. KAREMERA Safari Enock: Director of Economics and Financial Crimes Unit;
– Ms. UWAMAHORO Christine: Director of Family and Child Protection Unit;
– Mr. NSHIMIYIMANA Modeste: Director of ICT Unit;
– Ms. KABEGA Caritas: Director of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
In Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC)
– Dr. MUYOMBO Thomas: Director of Regional Center for Blood Transfusion (RCBTKigali);
– Mr. KAYIRANGA Olivier: Director of ICT Unit;
– Mr. SIBOMANA Hassan: Director of Vaccine Programs Unit.
In Rwanda Water and Forestry Authority (RWFA)
– Mr. MUNYEMANA Justin: Director of Administration and Finance Unit.
In Rwanda Meteorology Agency (METEO RWANDA)
– Mr. NSHIMIYIMANA Joseph: Director of Administration and Finance Unit.
In Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board (RAB)
– Mr. HARERA Sebastien: Director of Internal Audit Unit.
In the Integrated Polytechnic Regional College (IPRC-HUYE)
– Mr. NIYONCUTI Junior Pierre: Director of Infrastructure Development and Maintenance Unit;
– Mr. KAGABO Eliandeli: Director of Academic Services Unit;
– Mr. NYARWAYA Jimmy: Director of Planning Unit.
In Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA)
– Mr. NDAYISABA Jean Pierre: Director of Administration and Finance Unit.
In the National Identification Agency (NIDA)
– Ms BUKINANYANA Daniella: Director of Database and Applications Unit.
In Kigali University Teaching Hospital (CHUK)
– Mr. SHAHIDI TWAHIRWA Timothee: Director of Quality Assurance Management Unit.
In Rwanda Transport Development Agency (RTDA)
– Ms. NIYIBIZI Thérèse: Director of Traffic Management Unit.
In Rwanda Mines, Petroleum and Gas Board (RMB)
– Mr. NYAGATARE Jean Bosco: Director of finance Unit;
– Mr. TUYISHIME Jean Bonfils: Director of Digital Information Unit.
In the National Post Office (NPO)
– Mr. SAFARI KAZINDU Patrick: Director of Commercial Unit.
9. In AOBs.
– The Minister of Sports and Culture informed the Cabinet that Rwanda in collaboration with Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) are organizing the ANOCA Zone V Youth Games 2019 (Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Cycling and Taekwondo) to be held in Huye District from 2nd to 6th April 2019. A total of 12 countries confirmed their participation.
– The Minister of Gender and Family Promotion informed the Cabinet that Rwanda in collaboration with African Women in Leadership Organization (AWLO) will organize the 2019 African Women in Leadership Conference from 4th to 5th April 2019 at Marriot Hotel, Kigali. The Objective of the meeting is to advance the status of women in leadership by creating an empowering platform and harnessing the synergies of alliance.
– The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning informed the Cabinet that Rwanda will host in Kigali the 5th International Conference on Big Data for official statistics from 29th April to 3rd May 2019. The conference will be organized jointly with the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) and other members of the UN Global Working Group (GWG) on Big Data for official statistics. The conference will provide an opportunity for sharing and learning global experiences in new trends and technologies in Big Data and its potential in official statistics.
– The Minister of Public Service and Labour informed the Cabinet that Rwanda will celebrate the International Labour Day on 1st May 2019 under the theme ‘’Quality work, a catalyst for Sustainable development” (Umurimo unoze, Umusemburo w’Iterambere Rirambye). While institutions will celebrate Labour Day at their work places, at national level, celebrations will be held at Nyagatare district. The event will also commemorate 100 years of the existence of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
– The Minister of Health informed the Cabinet that in a bid to ensure full implementation of Ebola prevention and control, the Ministry in collaboration with WHO and other partners plan to implement the use of “rVSV-ZEBOV” Ebola vaccine for health-care and front-line workers in areas at risk of expansion of the outbreak. The activity will start on 5th April 2019.
This Statement was signed by
Marie Solange KAYISIRE The Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister in charge of Cabinet Affairs
The Express News